Visit Nova Scotia: Atlantic Heirlooms

Ready to see more of Nova Scotia?

Last week I took you on a virtual tour of Forgotten Memories and gave you a taste of the neat shops we have in our area. Today I have another one for you, highlighting some of the things that caught my eye and just generally encouraging you to stop by!

Come and visit Atlantic Heirlooms!


Right off the bat I stopped to enjoy this little guy on the porch. Sitting on an antique desk (whyohwhy didn't I get a picture of the whole desk????) I couldn't get over how cute he was with those flowers. He would totally be great for Hot Chocolate, too...I've never seen another like it!


Once I went inside, you know what caught my eye first...these unique dishes! I've never seen a set with this orange tint to them. The tag read, "Normandie 'Bouquet & Lattice' 1933-1940." The set of 47 pieces was $495. What a neat set this would be to own! I absolutely LOVE that the plates are divided! :)


These old rolling pins and the crock made a great display, but I'll bet they would also work better than today's rolling pins! I didn't pick them up, but I bet they are nice and heavy.


This dresser just screams "Give me a makeover!" It looks so sturdy and intact. Those washboards would make great home decor... in fact, I used to have one like them!


I'm not one to collect things that take up space, but if I were to start, I think salt and pepper shakers would be my collection of choice. My aunt has a whole bunch that are so fun to look at! Here is a neat display of them...hey, I'll take the shelf, too!


I may live in Canada, but I'm still proud of my American citizenship! This plate caught my eye, and for only $5 it would make some fun wall art.

USA plate, $5

This green jug was huge. I mean, enormous. I don't even know how to describe how humungo it was! I tried to picture what it could have been used for in its former life, and about the most romantic thing I could come up with is vinegar or something. My imagination at its finest, right there. I really think someone needs to give this bad boy a loving home and turn him into a lamp or something. It would be a great conversation piece!

Huge green jug, $250

Someone in my past owned one of these, but I can't come up with who it was. They kept their steel wool in it next to the sink, so in my mind that is what this frog is used for. This would be cute in a kids bathroom, too.

Ceramic frog, $10

Not sure about a price on this, but it is a 3-D puzzle! How neat is that? I don't have the patience for a flat puzzle, unless it only has about 10 pieces, so I can't imagine attempting something like this. Kudos to whoever has that much time and patience!


These mini glass bottles were so cute lined up on a window sill. The purple and blue ones are my favorites!


And you know I couldn't leave without a few more colored glass pictures. This plate had a very unique blue color. It would be so pretty filled with colorful fruit!

Blue plate, $55

There was a great collection of milk glass, too:


Speaking of colorful fruit, these apple paperweights are so eye-catching. The light really reflects the colors and the texture on the outside adds another pretty dimension.

Apple paperweights, $45-$55

This collection of ceramic animals is unique, but beautiful. The inclusion of turquoise just really makes them stand out! They would look great on a stack of books or something.


There were a few more on another shelf. I love the dolphins!


Here is another dish that caught my eye. The lovely scalloped edges make it almost too pretty to serve food in!


Those were all the items that especially caught my eye, but the tour isn't over yet. The entire upstairs of this building is dedicated to quilts!


Made by local women, these quilts were absolutely gorgeous. I didn't know such talent still existed! I can only wish to ever make anything as beautiful as these ladies can. Here are a couple that especially caught my eye (even though they all were lovely).

This one is called "Romance and Roses" in pastels. The detail on this is incredible. There are so many teeny tiny pieces of fabric incorporated, I can't imagine how much time something like this would take! The colors were really well put together, too.

Romance and Roses, $1,820
I have never seen this particular pattern, but I fell in love with it at once. Appropriately called "French Braid" it contained so much visual interest! The blue and brown one takes the cake (because I love blue and brown together!) but the fall-ish one on the left is pretty, too.


And so was the price...


Yeah, pretty sure this beauty will not be coming home with me any time soon! The prices on the quilts I looked at ranged from about $800 to nearly $2000 like the first one shown above. I am sure they are worth much more than that, however, what with all the time and effort put into just one of these!

You can like Atlantic Heirlooms on Facebook to see some more of what they have available, or just come visit them yourself! This was my first visit, but you can rest assured I will be going back, if for no other reason that to sit and drool over those quilts.

Now you can chime in and tell us your favorite item. Are you in love with handmade quilts? What about salt and pepper shakers? Anyone need a big green jug? What do you think it was used for?


I wasn't paid or perked to give this virtual shout-out, I just really enjoyed visiting this shop and thought you might, too! Remember if you are in the area, come check it out for yourself!

Comments

  1. Hеy therе I am so thrilled I found your
    wеb site, I really found yοu by mistake, while I was searchіng on Bing for
    something еlse, Anyhοw I am hеre now аnԁ would just
    like to ѕay thankѕ а lot for а remarkable post and
    а all гound exciting blog (ӏ alѕo love the theme/design),
    I don’t hаνe time tο look over it all аt the moment
    but I havе saved it and also incluԁеd youг RSS
    feeds, so when ӏ havе time Ι will be back to read more, Ρlease do kеeр up the excellеnt b.
    Stop by my web blog : how much do pharmacists make in alaska

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! Lets keep things fun and edifying, shall we? Also: don't be afraid if your comment doesn't pop up right away. Some comments have to be moderated. Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Goals for the Week of November 2, 2015

Some Friday Love: Recipe Binder Printable!

"Frasier Island" Book Review and Giveaway!