Quick Winter Gift

Notice that I did not say Christmas gift. That was on purpose, for a couple reasons: 1) This would make a great housewarming/hostess/whatever else gift during the winter months, and 2) I wouldn't want anyone to think I am giving these away as Christmas gifts. You are not allowed to know what you are getting until Christmas. So just because I made these this week does not mean they are Christmas gifts, ok? Just wanted to make that plain.

Moving on...this was a super quick and fun project that left me saying, more! more! And I thunk it up all by myself, ohyesIdid. Here it is: Peppermint Hot Chocolate Mix. (Original, eh?)




I cheated took normal hot chocolate mix and added crushed peppermint powder and some extra cocoa. My lovely assistant helped me crush the peppermints and candy canes by smacking them with a hammer and then unwrapping them.


Here is a closeup of the layers (and whats all in there):




The jar is just a $1 jar from the dollar store, and it isn't as big as it looks in the pictures. Seriously though, how cute are all the layers? It left me wanting to make more! I will certainly be looking for opportunity to make these and give them away!


Have you been doing any last-minute crafting or gift-making?

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goals for the Week of November 2, 2015

Some Friday Love: Recipe Binder Printable!

"Frasier Island" Book Review and Giveaway!