March Pinterest Project: Fruity Playdough!


It's all over now.

Store-bought playdough?? No way!

No going back! Buh-bye, nasty, crumbly, smelly stuff.

We're officially hooked on phonics fruity playdough!

I saw this recipe on a blog. I loved it, pinned it, and then actually did it. I feel like I really did what pinterest-ers are supposed to do!

You can get all the deets on Laines blog, but basically it is just an easy playdough recipe using household ingredients and kool-aid to make it fruity! Who would have thought?  Here are some pictures of us making it!

Mixing it all together

We used cherry and lime kool-aid to try to make a cherry-limeade scent (my favorite!). If I did it again, I would use less of the cherry kool-aid. We put in the full two packets, but I don't think that was necessary. It smells good, just a little on the cherry side. Unless you ask Rachel, who thinks it stinks and smells like cough syrup. Ah well, you win some, you lose some. :)

She enjoyed playing with it, despite the smell! :)

They LOVED the texture!


I just wish I would have known about this at the beginning of winter! It would have made a great winter activity. We do have some rainy days coming, so I can see it getting a lot of use then! We are excited to get more kool-aid and make more flavors! (or would it be scents?)


Its official.No more store-bought for us! We're also conspiring to make some for birthday presents! What a great gift for some little friends!

We
Fruity Playdough!

Thanks for the "pin" and the great idea, Laine! =)


Linking up with:
Hi Sugarplum
I Heart Naptime
I Heart Nap Time

Comments

  1. As soon as I clicked over here I realized you are the "coffee chats" girl from Holly's blog! Nice to meet you! =) So glad you enjoyed the playdough! It is so much fun for kids and so much less messy. Hope your siblings have lots of fun with this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, thats me! =) Holly and I went to ABC together. We are enjoying the playdough, thank you so much! =)

      Delete
  2. What a fun project for kiddos! Great job, and thanks for linking up with the Winter Pinterest Challenge!

    Erin @ The Great Indoors

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! Lets keep things fun and edifying, shall we? Also: don't be afraid if your comment doesn't pop up right away. Some comments have to be moderated. Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Goals for the Week of November 2, 2015

Some Friday Love: Recipe Binder Printable!

"Frasier Island" Book Review and Giveaway!