Closet Swap: 3 Summer Wardrobe Tips + My Favorite Accessories

As the weather finally warms up here in Maine, I'm looking forward to freshening up my wardrobe! It is great to not have to plan an outfit around what looks good with long-johns and sweaters. Seriously. I was still wearing knee socks occasionally as of last week!

I don't claim to be an expert in fashion and trends, but in the past couple years I've worked harder at thinking about outfits as a whole and not just throwing on the closest comfy, modest thing. One of the things I've added to my wardrobe to help me in this is accessories. Bright accessories are a must for summer!



Here is one favourite outfit (albeit still with a jacket!!) that uses an infinity scarf from my shop:

This white infinity scarf is sold out, but you can still get it in purple here!

Now that it is warmer, I can ditch the jacket and tights (wearing those in the picture, too!), slip on some sandals and this is still a great outift! (I have sandals similar to these in teal but without the flower) The lightweight scarf is so easy to wear. I use one of every colour!


Another one of my favorite outfits it to wear dark denim bottoms, a white shirt, and the navy and white striped infinity scarf. It takes a casual outfit and dresses it up just a tad!

Here are a few of my wardrobe tips:

1. Shop from your closet first. I have found several great outfits just by trying old pieces in a new combination!

2. Layer, layer, layer! Add a jacket, scarf, or necklace. If it is too warm for a lot of layers, pick something lightweight like our scarves, or use a few necklaces and bracelets.

3. Don't exclude your purse/bag/tote. This can complete your look! Your bag doesn't always have to coordinate, but don't forget that it does add to your overall appearance. Use a bright tote for summer and a dark one for winter, just like you would your shoes. And some shameless self-promotion here: I've got some great totes for summer right now in my shop! Get them before they are gone!

I'd love to hear from you...what are your favourite ways to transition from cold weather to glorious summer beauty? How to you accessorize? Which new So Sew Organized item does your wardrobe need?


This post is part of Raise.com's Closet Swap campaign. Raise is an online marketplace where you can buy and sell gift cards for name brand stores at discounted prices. I was not paid or perked to write this post, I just thought it would be fun to participate with the Raise campain!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goals for the Week of November 2, 2015

Some Friday Love: Recipe Binder Printable!

"Frasier Island" Book Review and Giveaway!