Organizing Quick Tip: Simplify your Inbox

Here is a new feature for the new blog: Quick Tip Tuesdays! Most Tuesdays I will post a quick tip in the area of organizing, healthy living, sewing, or maybe something random. This is something that has worked for me, made my life simpler, and now I want to pass it along to you!


Today's quick tip is the inbox. I was getting so many marketing emails each day, my inbox was becoming a place that I dreaded. All I did was open it every day and delete dozens of emails without even opening them. What a waste of time and energy!

I finally tackled it one night. It took me a half hour or so to unsubscribe from all the ones I no longer wanted. On others that still held my occasional interest, I changed the settings so I wasn't receiving emails every day, but one lump email per week instead.

30 minutes. That is all the time it took! And now I've saved myself several minutes each day, plus the dread I felt each time I opened my inbox. So worth it!

Want to take this action yourself? Just open an email from a company that you no longer want to receive. Scroll all the way to the bottom and look for the unsubscribe option. This will lead you to a new page where your action with either be confirmed, or you will be asked to verify your decision.

That is all! Now move on to the next one. You can do this!

Sometimes all it takes is one small step, or a few minutes of time, to make a big difference in the simplicity of your day to day life. I think we all crave more simplicity! What simple action can you take today that will simplify your life? You may not have an inbox control issue like I did, but there might be some other area where you could benefit from a little organization and simplicity. Share your ideas and stories with us below!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goals for the Week of November 2, 2015

Some Friday Love: Recipe Binder Printable!

"Frasier Island" Book Review and Giveaway!