Goals for the Week of November 23, 2015

Do you get excited for the start of a new week? I do! Usually by Sunday night I am in full planning mode for the week ahead. Even though Sunday is a busy day with multiple church services and responsibilities, I always come to the end of the day refreshed and rejuvenated for the week ahead. Time to sit down and plan my goals for the week!



In my personal devotions this week I came across this verse:

"A good man sheweth favour, and lendeth: he will guide his affairs with discretion." 
Psalm 112:5 KJV

The second part of that verse struck me as being an important reason to set goals and tackle my days with intention and purpose. A good man "guiding his affairs" sounds like purposeful planning to me! And discretion is important to keep a healthy balance between work, home, family, etc. Plus if we are purposefully guiding our affairs, using discretion and discernment, we will be able to find the time and resources to "show favor and lend" to others! How important, and what proof that this can be done with careful planning!

So as you consider what you are going to accomplish this week, I challenge you to sit down and make a list - guide your affairs, if you will. I know this has personally helped me so much!


My goals from last week:

Personal:

Spend time in God's Word every day
Memorize one verse
Practice piano 3 times

Practical:

Finish swapping all summer/winter clothes
Pack boxes to send to Canada
Read Money Making Mom
Get up by 7:30 three days

Business:

List 2 new items in the So Sew Organized shop
Finish 1 custom order and start 2nd


This week's Goals:


Personal:
Spend time in God's Word every day
Memorize Deuteronomy 10:12
Practice piano 3x this week

Practical:
Get up by 7:30 three days
Read 5 chapters of Money Making Mom
Clean bedroom

Business:
Make pillowcases
Post on the So Sew Organized FB page every day



What things are on your goal list this week? What are you going to personally do to "guide your affairs" this week? I'm rooting for you!




Follow So Sew Organized:
 photo googleplus.png

Ready to start - or finish! -  your Christmas shopping?


Comments

  1. Great goals Nicole! How are you picking what verses to memorize each week? Are you following a plan or just choosing one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just choosing one that has jumped out at me in recent weeks. I am writing them on little cards and keeping them on my nightstand so I can review the ones I learned previously.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! Lets keep things fun and edifying, shall we? Also: don't be afraid if your comment doesn't pop up right away. Some comments have to be moderated. Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Goals for the Week of November 2, 2015

Some Friday Love: Recipe Binder Printable!

"Frasier Island" Book Review and Giveaway!