Quick DIY Baby Gift: Handmade Burp Cloths!

Need a quick gift for a pregnant mum or newborn? I whipped up some of these EASY burpcloths for a baby shower last week, and love how they turned out!

 DIY Baby Burp Cloths - a quick, inexpensive baby gift for a new mom-to-be! | via www.soseworganized.blogspot.com


A new mama can't have too many burp cloths, and handmade ones are so much better! You can use beautiful, corresponding fabrics, plus the fabric is thicker and nicer than store-bought burp cloths most of the time.


I picked up a half a yard of each of these coordinating flannels. They were each around $4 a yard, so this project cost me under $10!



I cut my fabric in half on the fold to get 2 burp cloths out of each piece, and then cut them into even squares. Each one ended up being around 18"x18".

Using a small bowl, I cut all the corners to give them a more "professional" look. Which may be something I just made up in my head...are burp cloths usually rounded on the corners? I really liked how they turned out, so it was worth the extra step!



Thankfully, flannel doesn't fray so I didn't have to worry about hemming these. *team flannel* I simply serged the edges for a finished touch and to keep the edges from rolling! If you don't have a serger, you could use a decorative stitch or even just a zig-zag.



Let the serger do the work of cleaning up those edges, and just go slowly around those curved edges for a nice smooth finish. See, I told you I cut all the corners, both literally and figuratively! ;)



Wrap them up with a cute bow and a tag that says, "Made with love."

How easy was that? A very quick project that ends up being so cute and meaningful because you made it yourself! It was a joy to gift these to a first-time Mom-to-be, and know she will be able to put them to very good use. :)


Love this project and want to save it for later? Pin this image:

DIY Baby Burp Cloths - a quick, inexpensive baby gift for a new mom-to-be!




Follow So Sew Organized:
 photo googleplus.png


Need some more last-minute gifts? Shop my brand-new 3-in-1 Infinity Scarves!

So Sew Organized shop: new infinity scarves!

Comments

  1. I love this idea! You can never have too many burb cloths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute AND super practical! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment! Lets keep things fun and edifying, shall we? Also: don't be afraid if your comment doesn't pop up right away. Some comments have to be moderated. Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

Goals for the Week of November 2, 2015

Goals for the Week of November 9, 2015

"Frasier Island" Book Review and Giveaway!