I'm wrapping up The Busiest Summer Ever 2016, but before fall officially hits I want to share a few things I've been digging this month:
1. Flip flops. We've had an unusually hot and humid summer with little rain, so I've been able to live in my flip flops for a change. I have a couple pairs of these from Payless Shoe Source in white, yellow and patriotic colors and love them.
2. Dried mango. My new favorite snack! I buy it in bulk at the health food store, but here is a good organic option as well.
3. This 24pk of fine-point sharpies on sale for $10 from Amazon. Not sure how long that is going to last but I took advantage of it! I also selected super-slow shipping (not what it is actually called) and got that for free as well.
4. My crockpot. I have a simple 4 qt. crockpot similar to this one that I used a lot last winter for soups and such, but this summer I discovered recipes like this pulled chicken barbecue that makes lunch so easy! Especially since I was never home.
5. Books and conversations on the back porch. There was family visiting for two straight months and we spend a lot of time on the back porch, eating meals, playing games in the backyard, and having long conversations. Even now I retreat out there as often as possible to enjoy a book and the peace and quiet.
Oh, and one more bonus thing I'm loving - trips to the coast!
I love the state I live in. :)
What are you loving this month?